DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE
Need to know the purpose God has created you for? Discover your purpose today.
We are a group who love the body of Christ and can imagine seeing everyone do what God has called them to do. We also understand that the body is diverse and everyone is unique. Not everyone is called to the pulpit.
This was designed by Christians, who spend many years wanting to know their purpose. They read the life stories of how and why God used them, such as David, Ezekiel, Paul, Peter, John etc. Fasted and prayed often saying, “Lord, what can I do for Your Kingdom?”
THE MEANING OF LIFE
We spend a lot of time analyzing our finances, our entertainment, our friends, but do we actually spend time analyzing ourselves and what we are made for? What is the meaning of life? God has created us for a unique purpose and by doing it we find a sense of meaning. But the ultimate meaning of life is having a relationship with God as Father through Yeshua (John 17:3) and helping others get there. This is the real meaning of life.
Cemeteries are filled with people who never tapped into the potential God had given them through Yeshua. Some end up doing their purpose part way or at the end of their life. There are some seem to fall into what their purpose is, but for many they discover it as they go. Therefore, discover your purpose that God has for you through a series of self-seeking questions. The meaning of life is literally found in Yeshua, as the docu-series Ordinary Christians portrays.
QUESTIONS TO DISCOVER
It is like climbing a mountain, the more one climbs the more one can see. These questions help climb this mountain quickly. It reveals the purpose God that has placed in our hearts. For example, God anointing David to be king over Israel is a fixed plan and David also had plans that were spontaneous such as feeling compelled to collect things in the building of the Temple.
Therefore, within the overall plan there are some things that are spontaneous. Yeshua was laser focused to go to Israel, minister in the surrounding cities and finally went to Jerusalem. Yet He still helped those God puts across His path (Matt. 15:22-28).
Ultimately our purpose is to glorify God by sharing the good news of Yeshua to others. But HOW and to WHOM will vary a great deal. The Apostle Peter went to the Jews and Paul to the Gentiles. Through a series of questions, you will discover to WHOM you are sent and HOW to approach them.
7 PRACTICAL STEPS FOR PURPOSE
- Before we start, ask the Lord to reveal your purpose (Matt. 7:7-8) and fast at least 24hours.
- Write down 4 answers to each of the following questions and when done circle the strongest answer for each.
- Based on each of the strongest answers, write down what you can do to help others in 1-2 sentences so that God gets the glory. You would have 3 visions to establish goals on.
- Start establishing goals and working on the vision that is the quickest to implement, then shows the most love of God through Yeshua and then reaches or impacts the most people for Yeshua.
- Work on this one day at a time. This is what some call “one day at a time meaning”.
- Remember to be praying and thanking God every step of the way (Psa. 37:5; Prov. 3:4-9).
- You can always take a break and work on other Kingdom projects, then go back.
PURPOSE NEXT STEPS
Do this exercise every 2-3 years to help evaluate or establish our visions and goals. Thereby helping us prioritize how we spend His time, money and resources effectively for His Kingdom.
For an extensive 3-Day version of soul searching, establishing vision and goals, here is an excel document that you can download and complete for yourself.
GREAT RESOURCES ON PURPOSE
Great motivational sermons that will envision, enable and energize you. There are many sermons and messages out there on the topic of finding purpose but from all the one’s we have listened to there are a few that stand out. Therefore, here is a collection at nakedlife.org and the other on a podcast.